Monday, October 13, 2014

The Lolita Palette




I am generally not someone who gets sucked into a product simply because of the marketing appeal. But when I do, it’s mostly high-end products, where the prices are always cringe worthy. Despite this, a few months ago I purchased the very hyped Marc Jacobs palette. There were four palettes in the line, all designed to create different looks. But when I saw the Lolita palette I had to have it. Immediately.  

In this palette there are seven shades of eye shadows. They are each on the warm tone and neutral side. It consists of three mat shades, one glittery one (that doesn’t feel gritty) and three shimmery shades. The formula and texture of the shadows are amazing and feel almost like silk. They are so soft, feeling very much like a luxury product. The colors are also super easy to blend and don’t crease, but I would still recommend using a lid primer beforehand. If you are still looking for incredibly pigmented shadows and a gorgeous nude palette, there is no need to search any further.

In the beginning I wasn’t very taken with the glittery shade, because I’m not somebody that tends to wear glitter that often. But I tried it anyway and it was fabulous. Also, every time I wore that shade over summer I got many compliments. I love the fact that they added the glittery shade, because it’s great for when you want to go from a day look to an evening look. Just dab a bit of glitter over your eyelid and put a bit of the darker shade in the crease (blend, blend, blend) and you are set for the perfect evening eye makeup.

Have you tried any products of the Marc Jacobs beauty line?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign
);